KeepSafe is changing the way ordinary people view digital privacy. We want to give everyone better control over their data. KeepSafe is looking for exceptional engineers to lead our iPhone and Android development efforts.
We are a mobile first service with an Android and iPhone app that currently hides photos and videos. More than 20 million users love this product, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. We want to be useful for any kind of data on any platform. Our next steps include a cloud offering and a new way of sharing that does not compromise privacy.
Our success points to a fundamental nerve we’re touching; there is a human need to be in control of your personal sphere. People routinely sacrifice their digital ownership of photos, videos, and documents for the convenience of being able to access them from anywhere or share with others. We don't believe this should be a tradeoff, and we are building the solution.
If you join us, you will be leading the charge to build the second generation of our mobile product. In addition to scaling our mobile presence, we're still developing huge pieces of our core infrastructure and solving complex problems such as future-proof security, smart encryption and key management, data transcoding, secure and fast cloud sync, and a custom analytics back-end.
Iteration speed is our biggest advantage. The KeepSafe team efficiently implements user feedback to adapt to the needs of our user base. We are looking for developers who are willing to listen as they build and collaborate with others to make KeepSafe exactly what the consumer wants.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? Here is what we are looking for:
* Great software engineering skills. Code speaks stronger than degrees.
* Experience developing for iOS or Android in particular
* Fast mobile product iteration
* Ability to implement advanced crypto and security technology such that non-experts can use it
* Ability to ship high quality apps and delight users so we maintain our five star rating
Here's why you should join us:
* We have a great team including Stanford Design Masters, EE PhDs, Python contributors, longboarders, and beer lovers
* We have daily catered lunches, beer on tap, and monthly team-building activities
* We are building a service that changes the way humans control their privacy in the digital world
Skills & Requirements
- You have a strong understanding of computer science
- You know the iOS or Android framework well
- You get excited about startups
- You like learning
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Bonus, not necessary:
- You have experience in cryptography and security engineering
- You have built and published apps
Why work with us?
Impact - KeepSafe is taking off and you can help shape our success by joining our close-knit team. We want to hire people who want to build a great product and also define and build our culture, our team and ultimately our success. When you join, you will get to see and impact every aspect of the business. At KeepSafe everything you do counts.
Challenge - KeepSafe's current success shows how one specific solution design can create millions of happy customers. We're setting out to provide a solution to a fundamental problem and create the service that people use to control their privacy in the digital future, in a way that is natural and easy.
Freedom - KeepSafe is the hardest we've worked in our lives but this is also the most productive and fun time we've ever had. That's because we have the freedom to work in a way that suits us best. You should too. Make an impact. You're free to decide how. You are free to decide with what tools. You are free to decide what equipment you need.
Earlybird - We have ~20 million customers and we are backed by strong investors but our team is still very small. Now is a rare opportunity to join a startup with significant traction and still be early enough to come along for the full ride.
Longboards & Beer - Before thinking about starting a company together, Philipp and Zouhair were already close friends over their mutual interest in beer. We make sure that our kegerator is always full. When a friend left his board in our office, we discovered that starting skating at age 30 is not so hard and we fell in love with longboarding. When you join, a board will be waiting for you.