Arapahoe County Government's Information Technology Department in Littleton, Co is seeking an Applications Support Specialist.
As one of our Applications Support Specialists you will provide high level customer and technical support and administrative services for various computer SOFTWARE applications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the installation, administration and maintenance for purchased or internally developed software applications and related interfaces required for County wide business operations.
The individual in this role will install new releases, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems, but in all instances must provide the highest level customer service for our internal and external clients. We are also seeking an individual who has a high level of understanding of customer service and is willing and able to be responsible for the outcome of solutions, providing advice, guidance and assistance to team members and end user areas on matters related to the analysis, design and implementation of automated information processing solutions.
The anticipated hiring range for this position will be between $2,078.66 and $2,579.47 biweekly.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
• Provides technical expertise in the administration, maintenance, analysis, testing and implementation for purchased or in-house developed software; defines project milestones and develops test data and applies technical procedures to prove logic and application of programming instructions. Provides analysis of options and alternatives for software application implementation and administration.
• May work with vendor for vendor supported software applications, acting as the technical liaison between the vendor and internal customers. May do initial troubleshooting of issues before contacting vendor.
• May develop tests to troubleshoot problems, plan, test and implement solutions.
• May develop technical and user instructions and documentation and may provide training on new or changed applications for both customers and departmental employees.
• May assist in the preparation of project plans and resource projections for all activities performed within the framework of a given project. This includes defining project scope as well as preparing work plans for the project.
• Supports current IT Standards.
• Continue personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and experience with current Microsoft software technology analysis, testing, implementation, and on-going applications support.
• Knowledge, skill and experience with current technology, such as database integration (TSQL, MS SQL SERVER), client/server technology or cloud computing. Specific application knowledge may include but is not limited to: Public Works Assets and Permits Tracking (Accela preferred), Service Management Tracking (Cherwell preferred) and Electronic Document Management Systems (Kofax and OpenText DM preferred). SharePoint support experience is desirable.
• Skills to design, test, document and implement applications either working with vendor or with development staff.
• IT Service Management methodology experience for managing Incident, Changes and Problems.
• Knowledge to analyze and recommend business solutions to meet County automation needs.
• Ability to read and interpret technical manual and specification documents.
• Ability to explain and discuss complex analysis and application issues in a manner that can be understood by non-technical persons.
• Knowledge of and adherence to application security technology.
• Ability to analyze and define complex application structures.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is desirable. Continued information technology course work desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Six to seven years of experience in a professional information technology environment with a minimum of 4 years working with software application support.
Experience with any of the following systems is preferred: Accela, Cherwell, Kofax and OpenText DM. SharePoint support experience is desirable.
(An equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be sufficient).
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Pre-employment testing includes an acceptable current motor vehicle check, background check, and polygraph exam. A valid Colorado driver’s license and fingerprinting must be on file.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of an Information Technology Manager who defines goals and guidelines for the group. Work assignments are in the form of areas of responsibility and are typically generally defined.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May provide direction to other technical professionals and user professionals assigned to a specific project. May act as a trainer.
INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are with superiors, peers, subordinates, elected officials, users, and/or vendors. Contacts require the ability to exercise a high degree of interpersonal skills to influence persons at all levels. Information given and received ranges from simple to technical in nature; contacts require the ability to exercise a considerable degree of interpersonal skills. Incumbent is accountable for the results of the contact.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is generally confined to a standard office environment. Incumbent may be required at any point in time to be on-call to respond to emergency situations, special events or routine on-call schedule. Must be able to travel between multiple locations as needed. Occasional out of town travel may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
• Spends 70% of the time sitting and 30% either standing or walking.
• Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 40 pounds.
• Occasionally stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing manual office duties.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
• Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery.
• Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer equipment. Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time. Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time. Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
For more information and to apply please go to our website: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/arapahoe/default.cfm