Computer and Information Technology
GoPro is an equal opportunity employer.
GoPro's versatile cameras and accessories enable people to self-capture immersive and engaging footage of themselves enjoying their favorite activities. From extreme to mainstream, GoPro's HERO® line of wearable and gear-mountable capture devices are transforming the way consumers, professional athletes, and video production professionals capture, manage and share meaningful photo and video content. Based in San Mateo, California, GoPro's products are sold through more than 25,000 stores in over 100 countries worldwide and direct via GoPro.com. GoPro branded content is shared and enjoyed by millions of people on popular media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube.
GOPRO® and HERO® are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
We're looking for an awesome, fun, smart, hardworking, creative, friendly, responsible Tech Lead to help GoPro execute on company vision, create great products, and make a great working environment. Your day will consist of tasks like architecting, researching, designing, implementing, and testing software. You'll also act as the technical liaison amongst our product, design and business development teams.
You should be a great communicator who is patient and most of all a team player who loves to both code and mentor others. You should take pride in being able to achieve success through other capable and talented engineers. Want more specifics?
* Be an effective people manager who is active in coaching, one-on-ones, performance reviews, recruiting and removing blockers
* Lead the team in the software design and development process by establishing best practices and patterns that lead to high quality code metrics
* Code in a variety of languages, helping us create excellent software - you'll spend around 10-50% of your time working with the code your team is responsible for
* Collaborate with other Tech Leads on system architecture, the enterprise data model and overall system performance
* Ensure production code has been through the code review process prior to release
* Give general education sessions and help inform the team of group decisions
Here are some of the tools we currently make strong use of. If you're an expert with any of these, all the better!
* Ruby on Rails
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* Several years of professional programming experience with an object oriented language like Ruby, Java or Objective C
* Past experience leading teams of developers with varying skill levels by providing them coaching and feedback for career development
* Experience architecting and developing a high volume and available Service Oriented Architecture
* Experience with PostgreSQL
Extra Credit For:
* Ruby on Rails experience
* HTML, CSS, JS and jQuery
* The ability to navigate the Bash shell, SSH, etc.
* Backbone.js, Ember.js, Angular.js, Node.js
* Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, or other cloud platforms
* Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
So what's so great about our gig? Yeah, we figured you'd ask eventually.
* Competitive base salary
* Stock Options
* Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
* Life insurance
* Paid Vacation Time
* On-site snacks/beverages
* Discounted Gym membership
* We all learn, teach, and train together. Learn something new? Tell us about it. We'll return the favor.
* Sunny, dog friendly office that's centrally located.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click here.