Technical Solution Consultant
|Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
The Solution Consultant position will be responsible for providing support for the Nomis Home Equity Solution, acting as a primary point of contact for active client engagements and solution roll-outs. The Technical Solution Consultant will coordinate with Project Management, Business Consulting, Implementation and Data Engineering resources to ensure clients derive maximum value from Nomis solutions. The focus of the Technical Solution consultant will be ensuring that high-quality software is front & center in three core phases of customer delivery: (1) Data Acquisition & Validation (2) Configuration Specification (3) Software Testing, Deployment & Support. The Technical Solution Consultant will report to the Practice Lead.
- You will have a proven track record within a high-growth technology driven organization with strong technical and communication skills.
- You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of client liaison at all levels of seniority and technical understanding.
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business and technical processes.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding existing process and proposing solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Demonstrable experience of producing concise and logical requirements and technical specifications.
- Ability to design data structures and integration solutions
- Ability to think quickly in client situations and apply technical principles to new problems.
- A proven track record in Software Development and/or Business Analysis disciplines.
- End to end experience of the Software Development lifecycle.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers
- Ability to identify product improvements and to ensure that new functionality is fit for purpose
- A professional approach to all aspects of your work.
- A positive and proactive approach in dealing with clients' requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Overall Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate with client representatives face to face, via email or telephone. Facilitate discussion to achieve agreement between both parties. Communicate on an on-going basis as appropriate. It is anticipated that up to 30% of the role will be based off-site attending client meetings.
- Ensures a high-quality solution and facilitates a software-first approach to elicit deep customer engagement throughout the project
- Gathers business & technical requirements from the customer and explains the proposed solution configuration to all client stakeholders
- Coordinates with internal teams to break down and prioritize business requirements into technical designs, requirements & tasks
Data Analysis & Validation
- Own the Data Acquisition & Validation Phase of the Customer Delivery
- Work with the customer to understand IT Systems Architecture / Data Integration, and acquire supplemental data flows required for Nomis analytics and software
- Work with the customer obtain sign-off on Customer Data Specification, (i.e. what data is in scope for the pilot & how business performance will be measured)
- Work with Data Engineering resources to specify data processing parameters and validate incoming data
- Work with product and business teams to identify customer requirements and if necessary, modify standard reports and dashboards to enable end-users to make informed pricing and business decisions
- Manage deployment of reports within software suite and test with an eye for optimizing quality and report performance
- Own the Configuration Specification Phase of the Customer Delivery
- Synthesize customer needs and convert them into configuration specifications to adapt the standard solution to customer needs
- Document these in a logical and concise manner with the aim of obtaining client sign-off. These requirements may be known and unknown during discussions and should include functional and non-functional elements.
- Propose solutions to address client requirements incorporating elements of the functionality within the existing product portfolio and existing integration capabilities in conjunction with suitable process where possible.
- Document these solutions in a format that is understandable by both technical and non-technical client contacts.
Software Testing, Deployment & Support
- Own the Software QA and Deployment Phase of the Customer Delivery
- Prepare test plans for customer specific technical work that has been implemented in order ensure a high-quality solution.
- Work with QA team to ensure that Functional QA & Report QA meets quality standards
- Manage Numeric QA scripts to ensure that the data inputs and model output are accurate and reasonable
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that the software is deployed and meets standard Performance Standards
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that data flows and is validated on an ongoing basis for the customer
- Act as a point of contact for the customer representative for emergent software issues or questions
- Knowledge of technology-driven, decision-support software application
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL/Oracle) and various reporting & BI tools such as Tableau, Toad, Excel (pivot tables), Cognos, Hyperion, etc.
- Experience in analytic solution design, ideally in a hosted computing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative in an unstructured environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to travel
- Attention to detail