SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Who We Are: Waxman Strategies is a progressive-minded public affairs firm led by former Congressman Henry Waxman, called “one of the most accomplished legislators of his or any era” by President Obama. Now out of Congress, Waxman heads the firm’s all-star team, which uses advocacy, communications and campaigns to help shape policies, advance causes and build movements.
With a focus on delivering progressive change, fast, we are selective in our engagements, only taking on projects that interest and inspire us.
Our work is primarily in the areas of health care, the environment, and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT). A sampling of our current clients include the National Association of Community Health Centers, Hatch Baby, 340B Health, ValiMail, Verdigris, TracFone, T-Mobile, Comcast, and American Association of Justice.
What We Need: We are looking for a talented Senior Account Executive who can think creatively, interface confidently with clients, build deep relationships with journalists, keep ahead of emerging trends, and respond nimbly to breaking news and rapidly evolving campaign scenarios. The Senior Account Executive will be a critical member of our Technology practice, working with startups in cybersecurity, FinTech, eCommerce, marketplaces, IoT, clean tech and energy, transportation and more.
- Developing and implementing integrated communications and PR strategies, plans and campaigns for technology companies and startups, including pitching and placing articles and quotes across various media outlets including television, radio and print, and the entire online realm of websites, blogs, wikis, social networks and related portals
- Cultivating relationships with the media, influencers and thought leaders, including reporters, editors and digital media professionals, pitching stories, monitoring the news and guiding clients’ participation in important industry conversations
- Participating in regular calls and meetings with clients, working with our clients to develop key messaging for targeted audiences, seeking speaking engagements, conference panels and other opportunities to position clients as thought leaders
- Crafting materials, including press releases, fact sheets, advisories, letters to the editor, bylined articles and op-eds
- 5-7 years of agency or in-house experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans, and handling media relations for technology companies
- Ambition to take on innovative campaigns, capitalize on news opportunities, and drive campaign objectives via the media
- Experience in national and/or international technology, environmental or human rights issues, healthcare and/or telecommunications issues is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a very collegial environment
- Honed organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and deadlines simultaneously
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefits package.
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Sr. Chef DevOps DeveloperRaytheonRichardson, TX, United StatesFeb 23
Android Developer, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Product AnalystShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Project Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Latest from the webjobs by
Software Integration EngineerBroetje Automation USA Inc.Chicago, IL30 Jan
Managing Broker and Contract to Close CoordinatorCatalyst RealtyAustin, TX24 Feb
Head of DesignWunderLand GroupSan Francisco, CA17 Dec
Senior Mobile Engineer in Quality - iOS/AndroidIntuitMountain View, CA 9403922 Jan
Web Developer & Tech Support position in fast growing companyLightcast.comCharlotte, NC1 Jan
Finance Business AnalystPrisms Consulting GroupLos Angeles, CA, United StatesJan 31
Digital ProducerONE CampaignWashington, D.C., DC, United StatesJan 26
Senior Account Executive @ Sauce LabsThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 15
Sales ExecutiveCanvsNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 15
Sales ExecutiveAgrilystBrooklyn, NY, United StatesJan 31