Senior Product Manager @ Thanx
Thanx helps merchants build deeper relationships with their best customers to keep them loyal for life. Businesses use Thanx to get an edge over the competition by building relationships with their top guests, gathering feedback, and delivering compelling rewards in real-time — all within an engaging mobile experience. With hardware or integration required, Thanx eliminates the hassle associated with traditional loyalty programs; direct partnerships with Visa, MC and AMEX enable Thanx to capture transaction data effortlessly and deliver a joyful consumer loyalty experience as simple as paying with any credit or debit card. The measurable, data-driven approach has led to unheard of ROI and unlocks a massive market that is waiting to be revolutionized.
Our people are passionate, loyal, and data-driven. Our investors — led by Sequoia Capital — are the best in the industry. And our team is growing rapidly and looking for our great leaders.
As Thanx's first Director of Product, you'll report directly into our Head of Product and take on the ongoing responsibility of designing product specifications ahead of each sprint, handing those specifications off to our design team and working closely with them to complete the spec before kicking off the projects with our engineering team. You'll be responsible for managing each project through development, through QA and acceptance testing and deployment.
Expect to do a fair amount of analysis, to talk to customers, to create multivariate tests to validate hunches, to author requirements based on those conversations and that analysis and work closely with our design team to prepare projects for development. This is end-to-end product management from insight through implementation, release, and post-release analysis.
You'll work on a wide range of projects: Thanx has mobile experiences for consumers, automated marketing tools, dashboards, and reports for merchants. Our core loyalty infrastructure integrates directly with Visa, Mastercard, and Amex and requires ongoing iteration to improve. You'll be crushing it if you can come in and dive deep into the technology and our customers' needs and come out with novel solutions that have high impact.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years of experience working with software engineering teams with at least 4 years of hands-on product management or product design experience.
- A demonstrated ability to gather user requirements from a number of sources, both internal and external, and build a compelling product vision. You'll be expected to partner with customers, design, engineering, and go-to-market teams to define a product solutions that move the needle.
- A solid understanding of basic statistical concepts with experience balancing quantitative and qualitative insights to solve problems and make decisions.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Experience in building features for business customers, ranging from enterprise-level and small-business customers to internal operational teams.
- A deep understanding and empathy for users.
- Launched multiple successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, desktop, and web).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment.
- A technical background or experience designing and building highly technical products. You'll need to be comfortable working with senior engineers to make technical decisions.
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines.
Bonus points for:
- Prior programming Coding experience and/or the ability to talk effectively about programming concepts with expert engineers.
- Experience building web and mobile products.
- Experience building core data products; automated, algorithmic products, machine learning products, etc.
- Experience using Jira to plan and monitor Sprints.
- Experience as a scrum manager and helping development teams hit timelines.
- Experience in creating and documenting product management processes.
- Work with our Head of Product to come up with a forward-looking product strategy. Build, drive and manage a product roadmap against that strategy. Your principal responsibility is ensuring that every sprint the product team has clarity on the tasks on the sprint and their priority.
- Conduct thorough research with customers to learn and determine what to build depending on their needs. Gather input from functional leaders within the company and customers to help formulate near term and long term product requirements.
- Create preliminary design concepts along with the design team and work with engineering to implement and iterate.
- Prioritize projects within engineering, track product development, and develop product launch plans.
- Analyze data produced by the product to understand consumer and merchant behavior to formulate hypotheses for validation.
- Own product launches from QA, release planning, customer communication and internal educational materials for marketing/sales.
What we can offer:
Your impact here can be as big as you want it to be. Thanx is a young company and we expect every early employee to be a massive contributor, to have a whole lot of fun, to create things that have never existed before, and to be a friend to their co-workers. We offer:
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION — We pay top-of-market compensation and above-market equity. Everyone works hard and everyone shares in our success.
- FAMILY-FRIENDLY — We’re a family-friendly company, from our flexible hours to our company events.
- OFFICE SPACE — Open, relaxed office environment with plenty of great nearby restaurants and convenient transportation options (BART, MUNI and parking all just minutes away)
- TEAM ACTIVITIES — Together we’ve enjoyed trivia competitions, bowling, indoor rock climbing, cycling, game nights, holiday dinners, and trips to wine country. There may have been a night of karaoke but no one will admit it.
- EDUCATION & HACK DAYS — We like to learn… from Loyalty University to hackathons, work on stuff you’re passionate about. Learn from your peers, teach others, build, and become better.
- GEEK OUT — A great team doing great work deserves the best tools. Each employee gets a sizable chunk of cash to spend on their personal technology setup, including the computer of your choice, adjustable sit/stand desks, and whatever else you need.
- SHUFFLEBOARD — And the occasional shuffleboard tournament.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Sr. Chef DevOps DeveloperRaytheonRichardson, TX, United StatesFeb 23
Android Developer, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Product AnalystShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Project Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Latest from the webjobs by
Software Integration EngineerBroetje Automation USA Inc.Chicago, IL30 Jan
Managing Broker and Contract to Close CoordinatorCatalyst RealtyAustin, TX24 Feb
Head of DesignWunderLand GroupSan Francisco, CA17 Dec
Senior Mobile Engineer in Quality - iOS/AndroidIntuitMountain View, CA 9403922 Jan
Web Developer & Tech Support position in fast growing companyLightcast.comCharlotte, NC1 Jan
Director, Validation TestTASER InternationalScottsdale, AZ, United StatesJan 30
Digital ProducerONE CampaignWashington, D.C., DC, United StatesJan 26
Finance Business AnalystPrisms Consulting GroupLos Angeles, CA, United StatesJan 31
Product ManagerDimagiCambridge, MAFeb 14
Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22