CardFlight is a software-as-a-service company offering mobile payments technology and point of sale solutions to enterprises. We offer a Software Development Kit for developers to integrate payments acceptance in their existing app and SwipeSimple, a turnkey mobile solution for independent sales organizations and merchant service providers to offer to their merchants. Our technology platform is EMV chip card enabled with encrypted card readers, and a PCI Level 1 compliant payment gateway supporting all major U.S. processors.
CardFlight is looking for an experienced software developer on our Platform team, providing technical leadership and expertise while building a scalable, maintainable, and rational payments API and associated web-based applications. The API supports the SDKs that enable custom mobile payment applications, as well as our out-of-the-box mobile payments app, SwipeSimple. Your responsibilities will include crafting our next-generation APIs and web apps while continuing to evolve a platform that already moves millions of dollars per day. You will also mentor and share your broad perspective on building scalable systems with other engineers.
Experience working with a payments platform is great but in no way required. If you have technical leadership experience and an opinionated but pragmatic approach to building application interfaces, you may be the right person. While the current tech stack is Ruby-based, you should be able to learn new technologies quickly and be motivated by using the right tool for the job. This is an opportunity to be a senior voice in our broader Engineering team.
What You’ll Do
Developing & Building (70%)
- Design and build scalable APIs
- Develop performant data access patterns
- Create and maintain web-based UIs
- Follow agile software development practices
- Provide technical leadership to other developers
- Apply previous experiences and lessons to current challenges
- Utilize best practices of API engagement
Team Engagement (10%)
- Get involved with company-wide meetings and outings
- Become immersed in the payments industry
- Obtain and maintain a full understanding of our clients’ needs
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building REST-ful APIs
- Experience with relational data access patterns
- High energy and a can-do attitude
What We’d Love for You to Have
- 4+ years of professional development experience
- Web App expertise (JS, CSS, HTML)
- Professional Ruby development experience
- Non-Ruby development experience
- Experience with payment systems
The Perks and Benefits of Working at CardFlight
- We believe in working together towards the same goals, and we make sure we have fun while doing what we do best in FinTech and Mobile Payments.
- An energized, casual and fun work environment – No time cards used.
- We’re a small team – Real opportunity to have an impact from day one.
- We’re growing fast – Lots of chances to grow and develop your career.
- Budget and time-off for professional development, like conferences, workshops, tech meet-ups – Since knowledge is power.
- Excellent Benefits – Choice of great plans 100% paid by CardFlight.
- Coffee, Snacks and Mario Kart– Good coffee makes everything better
Additional Application InstructionsNo need for a cover letter, but we'd love to hear about you! Please feel free to include a few sentences in the body of your email on who you are and why you're interested in CardFlight!
Sign up for Job Alerts
Sr. Chef DevOps DeveloperRaytheonRichardson, TX, United StatesFeb 23
Android Developer, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Product AnalystShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Project Manager, ProductShowtime Networks Inc.New York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Latest from the webjobs by
Software Integration EngineerBroetje Automation USA Inc.Chicago, IL30 Jan
Managing Broker and Contract to Close CoordinatorCatalyst RealtyAustin, TX24 Feb
Head of DesignWunderLand GroupSan Francisco, CA17 Dec
Senior Mobile Engineer in Quality - iOS/AndroidIntuitMountain View, CA 9403922 Jan
Web Developer & Tech Support position in fast growing companyLightcast.comCharlotte, NC1 Jan
Finance Business AnalystPrisms Consulting GroupLos Angeles, CA, United StatesJan 31
Digital ProducerONE CampaignWashington, D.C., DC, United StatesJan 26
Director, Validation TestTASER InternationalScottsdale, AZ, United StatesJan 30
C++ Developer - Qt Product Development (m/f)eGym GmbHMünchen, DeutschlandFeb 09
Report DevelopercleverbridgeChicago, IL, United StatesFeb 15