Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a skilled, highly professional software engineer to play a major role developing apps for a large geospatial platform. You will contribute to our products by collaboratively designing and implementing user-facing, cross-platform geovisualization apps.You will create software used by millions to visualize unique and stunningly presented geospatial information
You are a versatile software engineer who is passionate about geospatial visualisation. You produce product. Those products are widely used. You will create and deploy apps for all modern desktop and mobile platforms. You will work with a team of other app developers and backend engineers to create a seamless platform delivering awesome geospatial experiences to millions of users. You will design software, write and test code, define APIs, create documentation and deploy products. You will be learning a lot. You must be a fast and proactive learner.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or other closely related field.
- 3 years app development experience.
- Professional experience with HTML, iOS and Android app development and deployment.
- Experience developing cloud-deployed apps on AWS, Google or Azure.
- Preferred experience in creating geospatial applications and familiarity with WebGL
- Experience designing and implementing APIs.
- Experience visualizing exceptionally large quantities of information.
- You have collaboratively designed significant applications.
- You know and have utilized the open-source tools applicable to your efforts.
- You know how to use a development platform’s diagnostic tools.
- You think that testing your code is as important as creating it.
- Getting optimal performance from your designs is equally important to you.
- You design and code defensively.
- You own a problem until it’s solved.
- You accept input from others willingly and you provide it tactfully.
- You’d rather work in a team instead of by yourself.
- You bring a sense of humor and fun.
- You contribute to EarthX's learning organisation approach by treating every challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow and help contribute to the learning of your colleagues.
- You have a career or personal interest in global, ecological and social issues
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be designed to attract a superior candidate. We reward continuous improvement through the contributions of each individual and are committed to a corporate culture that honors a healthy life-work balance. We are a growing company with opportunities for advancement.
Shortlisted candidates for the position will be contacted by phone or email.
EarthX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Senior Software Engineer @ Beautiful.AIBeautiful.AISan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 08