Backend Engineer @ Sauce Labs
Who we are:
Sauce Labs lives at the intersection of agile software delivery and the infrastructure required to enable fast turnaround cycles and frequent releases. We feel passionate about building a product which enables software development teams to ship high-quality software faster.
Sauce Labs is looking for a passionate Senior Backend Engineer to add to its Sauce Connect team. The Sauce Connect application enables enterprise customers to get the most out of Sauce Labs by providing them with a fast, secure tunnel from their own internal development networks out to our cloud-based virtual testing environments. You’ll be a critical player in this agile development team, working closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and other outstanding Sauce Connect engineers to create great outcomes and drive the future of Sauce Connect.
What you’ll own:
- Work on a cross functional project team and participation in shaping the technical direction of Sauce Connect to deliver a fast, secure tunneling experience to our big-name enterprise customers.
- Participation in the entire development lifecycle, from planning through implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment, all the way to monitoring.
- Production of high quality, maintainable code with great test coverage.
- Intelligent choices for the adoption of new technologies based on your extensive experience.
- Enablement of massive scalability and performance of the Sauce Connect product while ensuring no negative consequences on our upstream data sources and perfect user experience on the customer side, including graceful degradation of data consumption.
- Protection of our systems and our data from exploits, DDOS attacks, or other security vulnerabilities.
- Visibility into services and systems through the application of business intelligence and monitoring tools and methodologies.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years of software development experience, including distributed systems and online services
- 3+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following languages: Python, Go, or C
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, HTTP, SSL, WebSocket, and other network technologies that power today's Web
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for engineering great products with stellar user experiences
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- Distributed system design experience
- Living in SF Bay Area or Vancouver
Oh yeah, and we also offer stuff too:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K matching
- Generous vacation
- Casual work environment with some of the leaders in the field
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Backend Engineer @ OnfleetOnFleetSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 07