We are looking for an electrical engineer who can help drive a growing engineering organization forward. If experimental creativity comes naturally to you and you are excited to deliver tangible value to customers around the world, you could be a great fit here.
You would primarily be responsible for applying your electrical engineering expertise to find solutions to the problems faced by law enforcement and public safety professionals. Ideally, you have a high level of comfort designing embedded systems, optimizing video & audio quality, analyzing tradeoffs due to size restrictions, and reducing power consumption without sacrificing stability.
We cultivate an engineering environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. If you would like to leverage your scientific curiosity to help a passionate team bring new technologies to public safety and leave a mark on the world, don’t hesitate to reach out and join TASER International.
Learn more about our mission here: http://www.taser.com/about-taser
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of electrical engineering design experience.
- Designs products to enterprise quality standards.
- Interprets product requirements & writes engineering specifications.
- Uses schematic capture tools, preferably OrCAD.
- Designs for manufacturing and test.
- Designs digital microprocessor systems.
- Designs CMOS / CCD-based imaging devices.
- Designs audio recording systems using electret / MEMS microphones.
- Designs point of load switching DC/DC converters & regulators.
- Designs high-speed memory bus (LPDDR3, LPDDR4 ).
- Designs inter-processor/peripheral interfaces (USB2.0HS, USB3.0, SDIO, SPI, I2C, I2S).
- Selects optimal memory for design (eMMC, NAND, SD Card).
- Integrates RF systems or module (WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE)
- Experience designing battery powered systems
- Uses various lab test and measurement equipment (scopes, logic analyzers).
- Designs to regulatory standards (CE, FCC).
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Designs high speed parallel and serial interfaces..
- Designs embedded systems with multicore application processors.· Designs rechargeable battery powered systems.
- Simulates & analyzes circuits and signal integrity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
TASER® International is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Engineering ManagerDimagiCambridge, MAFeb 22