Join the team that is enabling Deliberate Practice in
Music Education, Endurance Sports and Strength & Conditioning
Peaksware is seeking an experienced DevOps minded System Administrator in our Boulder, Colorado office to manage, monitor, improve, and automate our primarily AWS based infrastructure. You will work in an agile, open, collaborative and cross-departmental environment with Engineering, Product, Data, and IT Teams to continuously improve our infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Work alongside developers to deploy software and systems in a production environment
- Be responsible for the configuration, deployment, administration, monitoring, analysis, and support of application services and systems
- Continue to learn and adapt to the changing environment of infrastructure technologies
- Be a platform generalist in many areas like caching, Big Data, RDBMS, Windows, Linux, networking, configuration management, email
- Perform network performance analysis and troubleshooting
You should have familiarity with some or all of the following:
- Amazon AWS - especially utilizing Cloudformation and APIs for provisioning and management
- Windows and Linux servers in a production environment
- Confident on the command line - Python, Powershell, Bash
- Configuration Management
- MS SQL experience and database performance monitoring
- Cisco experience helpful
- One or more programming languages
- DevOps - We want developers to have insight and ownership over code in production, integration tools, infrastructure, and deployment process. Developers should always ask what it takes to support their systems/code in production. We value The Phoenix Project as a reference guide.
- Product Efficiency is achieved upstream - The further down the development pipeline we have to fix bugs or rework features, the more expensive it is.
- Small, Cross-Functional Teams - QA, Dev, Design, CI, and Product working on a focused and shared vision.
- Complexity - It's easy to make something complex, but difficult to make it simple. We should always be fighting complexity. Can we deprecate systems/code? Do it. Does the system need to be that complicated? Do we build vs buy?
- Small Batch Sizes - Constantly work towards shorter release cycles as a means to shore up quality, help make sure we are working on the right things at the right time, stabilize operations, and cut down on waste.
- Performance Matters - We value engineers that know not to over optimize solutions, but always think how code will perform at expected scale.
- Minimum Process Necessary - We strive to be pragmatic. Some process is necessary, but don’t forget the fundamentals of Agile.
- Managing Technical Debt - The vast majority of work is maintenance. Engineers need to have practical philosophies on refactoring. We like the theory of Broken Windows, YAGNI, and refactor as you go. We appreciate Clean Code, Working Effectively with Legacy Code, and Pragmatic Programmer as reference guides.
- Data Driven - Let’s use the data to help inform what to work on, what is causing performance issues, who is using our features... Ultimately it's the objective plus the narrative that produces great product.
Peaksware, Inc in beautiful Boulder, Colorado has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" for six years. Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, we develop software platforms that connect creators, instructors, and performers allowing them to publish, teach and train using the proven principles of deliberate practice: set a specific goal, get expert instruction, perform focused practice and receive immediate feedback. This shared approach is the common thread connecting our brands; TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, TrainHeroic and Alfred.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires. Increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record.
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discount at Anytime Fitness
- Lynda.com subscription
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Sr. Chef DevOps DeveloperRaytheonRichardson, TX, United StatesFeb 23
Lead Web Developer - with a Battlefield alum!SelequitySaint Louis, MO, United StatesFeb 06
Senior Java Backend Developer (m/f)eGym GmbHBerlin, DeutschlandFeb 10
Senior Account Executive @ Sauce LabsThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 15
Senior Java Backend Developer (m/f)eGym GmbHMünchen, DeutschlandFeb 10