Lead Web Developer @ Numerai
Numerai is a new kind of hedge fund controlled by machine learning models built by thousands of anonymous data scientists. Historically, the stock market has been inefficient with respect to new developments in machine learning because only a small fraction of the world's data scientists have access to its data. We’re changing that.
Numerai data scientists aren't traders or quants, and they don't want to be. They are experts in statistics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, working as geneticists, physicists, students, and professors.
They have specialized in building predictive models on data—any data. So we give them stock market data in its purest, most abstract form and let their machine learning algorithms discover its predictive structure.
Numer.ai is the real-time web app Numerai uses to host a weekly tournament to solve the stock market. Our users are thousands of anonymous data scientists around the world who compete to make the best predictions to control our hedge fund’s investments.
We’re looking for an amazing web developer to take the lead on our web app.
- Implement every aspect of the web app
- Work with our designer to implement beautiful web design
- Collect and calculate data on our tournament, including competitors’ winnings
- Secure the web app; our tournament participants are rewarded in cryptocurrencies, so it’s important that they’re protected.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with server code that interfaces with a database and frontend
- Demonstrated aptitude and eagerness for learning new languages
- An excitement for good engineering practices including unit tests, documentation, beautiful code, and GitHub
- Keen interest in machine learning, cryptocurrencies, and/or crowdsourcing (all highly desirable)
- An understanding or interest in the financial world
- Node.js, Elixir, Elm, or PureScript experience
- A BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
What We Can Offer You:
The sky is the limit with this position at Numerai. You’ll be joining a small, elite team of mathematicians and machine learning experts. We want a ferocious entrepreneur who will relentlessly push the company forward in every direction.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Lead Web Developer @ NumeraiNumeraiSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01