The Solutions Architect (SA) is a top level subject matter expert who identifies, designs and proposes complex solutions and services engagements for work processes, multiple technologies, related software, and services. Document and analyze current and future business and service management processes indicating gaps and opportunities using written, graphical and quantitative techniques. Design and scope enterprise architectures for environments including the complex software integration elements, related technologies and the services to support integration. Develops solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram; studying system capabilities or processes; analyzing alternative solutions; preparing system specifications. Propose and justify work products and designs for new products, services, integrations, implementation and delivery. Participate in an oversight capacity of consulting services for deployed products and services. Stand-in as required to oversee all service operations including server, network and security operations. Contribute to practice development, best practices, intellectual property, knowledge dissemination, internal meetings, training, metrics production, etc. Contribute to cross practice planning – working with other technology teams and business units to ensure cross departmental opportunities are being planned for, addressed and integrated.
- B.S. or B.A. or above with training in IT-related technology disciplines
- Strong understanding of how businesses use technology to streamline operations.
- Hands-on experience of IT service operational process and procedures especially in areas of virtualization, server operations, network operations and security operations.
- Advanced experience with Windows, Linux, VMware, and cloud platforms, services and tools.
- Enterprise infrastructure planning.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, integrating and managing complex IT enterprise infrastructure solutions, including both hardware & software solutions.
- Depth in understanding of multiple technologies and technical platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can manage, coach and lead team including both direct reports and cross-functional resources to their highest potential.
- Can clearly articulate complex technical solutions in simple business terms.
- Naturally inquisitive; asks questions that drive understanding of true requirements, and relates to appropriate technology and process improvement solutions.
- Strong analytical aptitude; quickly understands new technologies and how they work.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Senior Application Architect - PHPCordial Experience, Inc.San Diego, CA, United StatesMar 13
Senior Node.js ArchitectThe LeagueSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 14
Director of Talent Acquisition @ ThoughtSpotThoughtSpotSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 09