Application Engineer - Society6
Society6 is looking for an Application Engineer to join our engineering team at our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Application Engineer grows with us.
Society6 is home to hundreds of thousands of artists from around the globe, uploading and selling their original works as 30+ premium consumer goods from Art Prints to Throw Blankets. They create, we produce and fulfill, and every purchase pays an artist. Simple but huge.
Society6 is built on a LAMP stack and is hosted on AWS. The site serves millions of page views per day and our servers process thousands of requests per second. Our development team follows agile development methodologies and ship code via CI. While we expect engineers to test their own code we utilize a combination of black box testing and heavy automation to minimize negative impact to the business.
You’ll Report To: Director, Software Engineering
A typical day as an Application Engineer might include:
- Working with a team of skilled developers in the creation and enhancements of our next generation platform and tools for artists, mobile optimized sites, and e-Commerce experience
- Maintaining and developing social networking components, content management, and editorial systems using PHP in a LAMP stack
- Making optimizations, scalability, and maintainability improvements
You’ll be successful if you're an experienced web developer and love producing client-facing code that will make a difference.
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering engaging user experiences on customer web sites and portals
- Passion for programming and learning
- Working knowledge with technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS/Redux, MemcacheD, and NoSQL DBs are a plus
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work well with the team
- Ability to develop, maintain, and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications in an agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories. We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art and Society6
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Senior Application Architect - PHPCordial Experience, Inc.San Diego, CA, United StatesMar 13