Senior Node.js Architect
The League is a pre-series A mobile social dating app startup backed by IDG Ventures, xSeed Capital, Cowboy Ventures, Structure Capital, Sherpa Ventures, and many notable angels. The Founder is a Stanford MBA (ex-Google, ex-Salesforce) with a strong product sense (engineering degree from Carnegie Mellon) and a fierce determination to change the dating space for the better. The League’s director of engineering, Tim Zaitsev, has a masters from Carnegie Mellon and is incredibly hands-on and is building out a lean team of world-class, senior engineers. The League is live in six cities, brings in healthy revenue each month, and has hundreds of thousands of people in other metros waiting for its launch in their city.
We have found product market fit, a successful business model, and we are finally ready to build out our founding engineering team of experienced leads who want to take ownership of huge areas of our product and get on board our rocketship! As our lead Node.js architect you will be responsible for driving the The League App forward in quality, features, and scalability. We’re looking for an exceptionally talented senior backend engineer who has scaled platforms to at least 1M DAUs and is a natural leader and thrives on getting their hands dirty on the back-end. As an experienced engineer you will set the quality bar and be relied upon to deliver an app experience that is in a league of its own.
THE STACK: Our app is built on Node.js, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, and our frontend is iOS and Android.
THE TEAM: Our team is growing rapidly, and you will be the 2nd full-time engineering hire which means you will have huge impact, ownership, responsibility and leadership opportunities. We currently work with about 8 engineering contractors and we have another 8 full-time people on the support, product, and marketing side.
- Own the entire Node.js backend for our iOS and Android app, including but not limited to the matching algorithm.
- Build new features, bug fix and suggest projects that will improve product and infrastructure.
- Help our director of engineering build out an awesome best-in-class engineering culture!
- Make technical and product decisions based on roadmap autonomously.
- Interview full-time engineer employees.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Dictate deployment workflow process to ensure highest level of productivity.
- Code review PRs to ensure engineers are following best practices.
- Assist with Dev Ops as needed, help lead search for Dev Ops team if needed.
- At least 4 years experience in software/computer engineering
- Experience collaborating with other engineers to create apps with significant design and back-end engineering aspects
- Proven experience implementing and monitoring in-app analytics.
- Natural at debugging and profiling own applications.
- Experience with AWS, basic dev ops, and scaling infrastructure to support increases in users.
- Experienced in SQL and Postgres.
- Familiar and up-to-date on mobile architecture design.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience interviewing and building teams from the ground up.
- At least 3 years of experience developing, releasing and maintaining native iOS or Android applications. (We’d love to see your work in the App Store!)
- Deep knowledge of the iOS SDK, Swift (Android a bonus!).
- At least 2 years of experience building in Node.js
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Fill out our internal application at bit.ly/LeagueEng
- Extremely competitive, willing to match
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Senior Application Architect - PHPCordial Experience, Inc.San Diego, CA, United StatesMar 13
Solutions ArchitectCastleBranchWilmington, NC, United StatesMar 11
Senior Software Engineer @ Beautiful.AIBeautiful.AISan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 08