Join the team that is enabling Deliberate Practice in
Music Education, Endurance Sports and Strength & Conditioning
Peaksware is seeking an experienced DevOps minded System Administrator in our Boulder, Colorado office to manage, monitor, improve, and automate our primarily AWS based infrastructure. You will work in an agile, open, collaborative and cross-departmental environment with Engineering, Product, Data, and IT Teams to continuously improve our infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Work alongside developers to deploy software and systems in a production environment
- Be responsible for the configuration, deployment, administration, monitoring, analysis, and support of application services and systems
- Continue to learn and adapt to the changing environment of infrastructure technologies
- Be a platform generalist in many areas like caching, Big Data, RDBMS, Windows, Linux, networking, configuration management, email
- Perform network performance analysis and troubleshooting
You should have familiarity with some or all of the following:
- Amazon AWS - especially utilizing Cloudformation and APIs for provisioning and management
- Windows and Linux servers in a production environment
- Confident on the command line - Python, Powershell, Bash
- Configuration Management
- MS SQL experience and database performance monitoring
- Cisco experience helpful
- One or more programming languages
- DevOps - We want developers to have insight and ownership over code in production, integration tools, infrastructure, and deployment process. Developers should always ask what it takes to support their systems/code in production. We value The Phoenix Project as a reference guide.
- Product Efficiency is achieved upstream - The further down the development pipeline we have to fix bugs or rework features, the more expensive it is.
- Small, Cross-Functional Teams - QA, Dev, Design, CI, and Product working on a focused and shared vision.
- Complexity - It's easy to make something complex, but difficult to make it simple. We should always be fighting complexity. Can we deprecate systems/code? Do it. Does the system need to be that complicated? Do we build vs buy?
- Small Batch Sizes - Constantly work towards shorter release cycles as a means to shore up quality, help make sure we are working on the right things at the right time, stabilize operations, and cut down on waste.
- Performance Matters - We value engineers that know not to over optimize solutions, but always think how code will perform at expected scale.
- Minimum Process Necessary - We strive to be pragmatic. Some process is necessary, but don’t forget the fundamentals of Agile.
- Managing Technical Debt - The vast majority of work is maintenance. Engineers need to have practical philosophies on refactoring. We like the theory of Broken Windows, YAGNI, and refactor as you go. We appreciate Clean Code, Working Effectively with Legacy Code, and Pragmatic Programmer as reference guides.
- Data Driven - Let’s use the data to help inform what to work on, what is causing performance issues, who is using our features... Ultimately it's the objective plus the narrative that produces great product.
Peaksware, Inc in beautiful Boulder, Colorado has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" for six years. Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, we develop software platforms that connect creators, instructors, and performers allowing them to publish, teach and train using the proven principles of deliberate practice: set a specific goal, get expert instruction, perform focused practice and receive immediate feedback. This shared approach is the common thread connecting our brands; TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, TrainHeroic and Alfred.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires. Increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record.
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discount at Anytime Fitness
- Lynda.com subscription
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
Sign up for Job Alerts
Software Developer (Back End)F. Schumacher & Co.New York, NY, United StatesApr 27
Senior Software Engineer @ ScoopScoop Technologies, IncSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full-Stack DeveloperRadix HealthAtlanta, GA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Test Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Latest from the webjobs by
Lighting Sales Specialist- LIGHTING SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIREDSTARLITE LEDFremont, CA7 Apr
Laser OperatorDowding Industries, Inc.Eaton Rapids, MI 4882726 Apr
Director of Software EngineeringRed VenturesCharlotte, NC27 Apr
Digital Media Sales ExecutiveVIVE Lifestyle Network LimitedDallas-Fort Worth, TX12 Jan
R&D Project ManagerHarris CorporationHerndon, VA1 Mar
More from Peaksware
IT Services Support Tech - Alfred Music (a Peaksware company)PeakswareLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 05
Full Stack DeveloperCooper VisionFolsom, CA, United StatesApr 21
DevOps EngineerMoatNew YorkApr 18
DevOps. Engineer (Linux)W.W. NortonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 18
Senior DevOps Manager (Remote) @ PlexPlexSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 03
Back End Integration EngineerTwo Bit CircusLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 10