Director IT Strategy and Architecture
The Director – IT Strategy and Architecture is responsible for providing leadership, planning and strategic insight required to maximize the value of IT services. This position has overall responsibility for serving as the strategic interface with business partners for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, business process consulting, and relationship management. He/she ensures the IT strategy and solutions are aligned and supports the business vision of Sargento Foods. The Director maintains a deep understanding of the enterprise business processes, strategy and direction to ensure IT is delivering services that will increase value to all stakeholders. This includes building and. communicating the strategy of how cloud computing will be leveraged within Sargento.
This position also leads the program to develop, maintain and govern the enterprise architecture (EA) across Sargento. He/she is responsible for defining the EA process and architecture review board process. This also includes the integration of those processes with related business and IT processes. He/she ensures the IT EA and solutions are aligned and supports the business vision of Sargento Foods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures alignment of IT strategy, vision and portfolios with business strategy.
- Develops and manages strategic business partnership relationships.
- Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and communications between the IT organization and all stakeholders.
- Works with the VP IT and business leadership team, providing broad insight to IT domains and capabilities to support business decisions.
- Directs the development of business requirements necessary for project execution.
- Works with IT leaders and business partners to develop and implement plans to increase customer satisfaction.
- Stays current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology and the leadership of enterprise IT.
- Leads the creation of the EA function/program. Establishes EA standards and processes.
- Develops enterprise guidance that conveys best practices and common pitfalls for cloud system design, infrastructure integrations, application development practices and application runtime principles.
- Leads the discussions relative to future technology (hardware, software, cloud) architecture direction.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Development of subordinates and programs to enhance employee skills and abilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of IT and business industry work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Experience facilitating process improvement workshops and building consensus on a plan for continuous process improvement.
- Strong and visible leadership to establish authority and influence both internally and externally.
- Ability to motivate, energize and drive performance from your team (direct or matrix management).
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or IT Service Management experience.
- Excellent communications skills to executive leadership required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong computer skills are necessary for this position, including word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, SAP, Internet, and E-mail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and talk or hear.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign up for Job Alerts
Software Developer (Back End)F. Schumacher & Co.New York, NY, United StatesApr 27
Senior Software Engineer @ ScoopScoop Technologies, IncSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full-Stack DeveloperRadix HealthAtlanta, GA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Test Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Latest from the webjobs by
Lighting Sales Specialist- LIGHTING SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIREDSTARLITE LEDFremont, CA7 Apr
Laser OperatorDowding Industries, Inc.Eaton Rapids, MI 4882726 Apr
Director of Software EngineeringRed VenturesCharlotte, NC27 Apr
Digital Media Sales ExecutiveVIVE Lifestyle Network LimitedDallas-Fort Worth, TX12 Jan
R&D Project ManagerHarris CorporationHerndon, VA1 Mar
Full Stack DeveloperCooper VisionFolsom, CA, United StatesApr 21
Manager- Network Operations Services DepartmentCon EdisonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 17
Digital Strategies / Webmaster DirectorBerkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas RealtyCharlotte, NC, United StatesApr 05
Digital Strategies / Webmaster DirectorBerkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas RealtyRaleigh, NC, United StatesApr 04
Office ManagerBizSmart GlobalSanta Clara, CA, United StatesApr 04