The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment with a portfolio of legendary sports teams, exclusive entertainment productions and celebrated venues. MSG Sports owns and operates some of the most widely recognized sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA), along with two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBADL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). MSG Sports also presents a broad array of world-class sporting events, including: professional boxing, college basketball, tennis, bull riding and e-gaming events. MSG Entertainment features exclusive, original productions that include the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts a wide variety of live entertainment offerings, including concerts, family shows and special events, in the Company’s diverse collection of iconic venues. These venues are: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, California; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
We're a small team with big ambitions. We love people who can roll up their sleeves and bring out the best in a team. We value pragmatic, passionate engineers with experience, drive, and collaborative spirit.
We are looking for an Innovative, Results Oriented and Passionate Director of Engineering to improve the customer experience across our high traffic websites. In this position you will be responsible for building the next generation Delivery Experiences for Live Entertainment. You will be working on various technologies and innovating in the space to build highly scalable Websites
- Define strategy and roadmap for the team
- Oversee engineering efforts for medium to large-scale websites and applications
- Work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
- Prioritize both delighting customers and high quality software, not sacrificing one for the other.
- Ship code every day in a fast-paced environment with a startup atmosphere
- 10+ years of experience in engineering. Must have experience in both front-end and back-end development (full-stack)
- Experience in direct people management of software engineers
- Strong software design skills. Experienced with architecting highly scalable systems.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a bias towards simplification
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Passion for driving great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Software Developer (Back End)F. Schumacher & Co.New York, NY, United StatesApr 27
Senior Software Engineer @ ScoopScoop Technologies, IncSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full-Stack DeveloperRadix HealthAtlanta, GA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Test Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Latest from the webjobs by
Lighting Sales Specialist- LIGHTING SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIREDSTARLITE LEDFremont, CA7 Apr
Laser OperatorDowding Industries, Inc.Eaton Rapids, MI 4882726 Apr
Director of Software EngineeringRed VenturesCharlotte, NC27 Apr
Digital Media Sales ExecutiveVIVE Lifestyle Network LimitedDallas-Fort Worth, TX12 Jan
R&D Project ManagerHarris CorporationHerndon, VA1 Mar
Manager- Network Operations Services DepartmentCon EdisonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 17
Director of EngineeringWerkNew York, NY, United StatesApr 03
Backend EngineerMoatNew YorkApr 18
DevOps EngineerMoatNew YorkApr 18
Digital Strategies / Webmaster DirectorBerkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas RealtyCharlotte, NC, United StatesApr 05