Manager Dev Operations
he Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment with a portfolio of legendary sports teams, exclusive entertainment productions and celebrated venues. MSG Sports owns and operates some of the most widely recognized sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA), along with two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBADL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). MSG Sports also presents a broad array of world-class sporting events, including: professional boxing, college basketball, tennis, bull riding and e-gaming events. MSG Entertainment features exclusive, original productions that include the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts a wide variety of live entertainment offerings, including concerts, family shows and special events, in the Company’s diverse collection of iconic venues. These venues are: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, California; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
Candidate will be a technical and tactical leader who is ultimately responsible for the management of the Dev Ops function in MSG. This is both a technical and tactical leadership role; candidate must be willing to work in the trenches in addition to managing.
The primary goal of the Dev Operations team is to build and maintain tools that other developers and software engineers use in agile product development and delivery, such as monitoring, configuration management and deployment tools. Product engineering teams should be able to concentrate on new features, without worrying how these features are deployed from development into production.
- Provide tactical and strategic direction, evangelizing best practices and managing a team of experienced systems engineers
- Take ownership of virtual and physical environment
- Assist with incident resolution and root cause analysis
- Support the release management process to ensure operational stability
- Initiate and oversee projects geared towards continually improving and enhancing infrastructure
- Work closely with vendors, ensuring great service and negotiating contracts
- Responsible for capacity planning, performance testing and tuning
- Running production support function for Web Apps
- 5 years’ experience managing and leading technical infrastructure teams in a LINUX environment
- Experience in managing QA teams.
- Minimum of 5 years working in Enterprise LINUX SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Cloud environment.
- Deep expertise in cloud hosting solutions like AWS
- Competency with application and server monitoring software, such as Nagios and AppDynamics
- Evangelist for modern configuration management and automated code deployment tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Hudson and Jenkins
- Expertise in security best practices and applicable tools
- Experience supporting MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience with performance tuning and capacity planning at the application and server level
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Software Developer (Back End)F. Schumacher & Co.New York, NY, United StatesApr 27
Senior Software Engineer @ ScoopScoop Technologies, IncSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full-Stack DeveloperRadix HealthAtlanta, GA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Test Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Latest from the webjobs by
Lighting Sales Specialist- LIGHTING SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIREDSTARLITE LEDFremont, CA7 Apr
Laser OperatorDowding Industries, Inc.Eaton Rapids, MI 4882726 Apr
Director of Software EngineeringRed VenturesCharlotte, NC27 Apr
Digital Media Sales ExecutiveVIVE Lifestyle Network LimitedDallas-Fort Worth, TX12 Jan
R&D Project ManagerHarris CorporationHerndon, VA1 Mar
Manager- Network Operations Services DepartmentCon EdisonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 17
Office ManagerBizSmart GlobalSanta Clara, CA, United StatesApr 04
Full Stack DeveloperCooper VisionFolsom, CA, United StatesApr 21
Entry-Level Business Development Representative [$50K - $70K OTE]LaunchSourceBoston, MA, United StatesApr 01
Marketing ManagerShare Local MediaNew York, NY, United StatesApr 20