We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We're looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to help build up Moat's robust infrastructure that supports our product offerings, including a real-time analytics system as well as an industry search engine that play a mission-critical role for some of the world's largest publishers, media companies, and technology companies.
Because we work on the cutting edge of many technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, highly resourceful in getting things done, both hard-working and eager to learn, and productive working both independently and collaboratively. This person will be working alongside Moat's highly competent engineering team to create opportunities from challenges.
- Manage our infrastructure on AWS
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of systems supporting our internal and external web servers and applications
- Administration and management of database and application clusters
- Build upon existing monitoring and alerting solutions
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation
- Implement and enforce security and privacy guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience with Provisioning, Building and maintaining systems in a AWS environment
- Advanced knowledge of protocols and technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML , SMTP, SNMP, etc
- Deep knowledge of Vertica, Redshift, Redis, MySQl, Nginx, Git and PosgreSQL
- Advanced coding skills in one (or all) of the following: Python, C, C++, Shell and Unix
- Robust experience administering Linux-based systems
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge while learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who takes risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Software Developer (Back End)F. Schumacher & Co.New York, NY, United StatesApr 27
Senior Software Engineer @ ScoopScoop Technologies, IncSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full-Stack DeveloperRadix HealthAtlanta, GA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Test Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Latest from the webjobs by
Lighting Sales Specialist- LIGHTING SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIREDSTARLITE LEDFremont, CA7 Apr
Laser OperatorDowding Industries, Inc.Eaton Rapids, MI 4882726 Apr
Director of Software EngineeringRed VenturesCharlotte, NC27 Apr
Digital Media Sales ExecutiveVIVE Lifestyle Network LimitedDallas-Fort Worth, TX12 Jan
R&D Project ManagerHarris CorporationHerndon, VA1 Mar
Full Stack DeveloperCooper VisionFolsom, CA, United StatesApr 21
Manager- Network Operations Services DepartmentCon EdisonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 17
DevOps. Engineer (Linux)W.W. NortonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 18
SysAdmin DevOpsPeakswareBoulder, CO, United StatesApr 05
Senior DevOps Manager (Remote) @ PlexPlexSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 03