DevOps. Engineer (Linux)
Job Title: DevOps. Engineer (Linux)
Location: New York, NY
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Reports to: Director of Development
W. W. Norton is searching for a results-oriented and security-minded Dev/OPS Engineer to add to our growing team. The role will involve creating and maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines, to ensure automated and repeatable development processes. You are responsible for implementing and driving best practices for enterprise deployments and software development lifecycle automation. This includes providing solutions that are robust, scalable and highly available. You will be helping to build/deploy/manage/support system infrastructure in a cloud-focused environments while providing operational support to developers when appropriate. You will also be responsible for providing NoSQL database administration on MongoDb and Redis Sentinel.
Strong networking, troubleshooting, database, and application deployment/maintenance skills are crucial. Only candidates with a strong Linux skill set will be considered. Must be proficient in Linux, Apache, PHP, NodeJS, mySQL, MongoDb, Redis, nginx, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Github, Docker, Amazon AWS.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. This position is located in our New York office and reports to the Director of Development.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Be a subject matter expert on the DevOps, CI/CD function.
- Identifying the tool set for designing and implementing a robust, scalable CI/CD pipeline.
- Design, implement and support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance.
- Support developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Provide the monitoring ability and tools for development teams to resolve conflicts resulting from merge and/or build failures.
- Troubleshoot issues during the build process in the various environments (Production, Staging, Dev/test).
- Support automation of CI Testing and troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of developers.
- Setup and administer development, test, and Production environments.
- Delivering Production cloud operations support and monitoring in our AWS and other hosted environments.
- Proactively monitor and enhance the current existing AWS architecture.
- Monitor and manage alert services for the health of the entire cloud architecture, including, but not limited to, CI/CD pipelines, database, application tier, external interfaces.
- Develop architectural and operational knowledge of hosted services and build troubleshooting guides and run books for supporting the services.
- Provide NoSQL database administration – MongoDB, Redis Sentinel.
- Staying up-to-date with current web application and development technologies and services.
- Production Support and system maintenance as needed.
- At least five (5) years’ Development Operations (DevOps) and/or Engineering experience with a Cloud-based environment, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Hands on Linux system administration.
- Hands-on experience in building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for high traffic web/mobile application and big data analytics platform.
- Hands-on experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CICD) projects for a wide range of technologies and programing languages such as: Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, NodeJS, etc..
- Hands-on experience implementing configuration management solutions such as: Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies like: Docker, Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with implementing solutions comprised of one or more of the following from each:
- Puppet, Chef, Anisble, SaltStack
- Jenkins, QuickBuild, Bamboo (Continuous Delivery process and tools)
- Java, Python, Ruby, ReactJs, Node.js, (Software Development)
- Git, Bitbucket
- Zabbix, Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, Zenoss, Prometheus, etc. (monitoring tools and platforms)
- JUnit, JMeter, Selenium and Cucumber (testing tools)
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services, etc) and API implementation
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a high degree of professionalism and the ability to design technology solutions for commercial and large enterprise companies
- Experience working with Agile Methodology is required
- Database experience including MySQL, MongoDB, and SQL Server.
- Experience with web application servers such as Nginx, Apache, and IIS.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Ability to work in the United States for any employer.
- Ability to work full-time in Norton’s New York Office, a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be available for after-hours assistance as needed.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a copy of their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent without both a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. We strive to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry”. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Software Developer (Back End)F. Schumacher & Co.New York, NY, United StatesApr 27
Senior Software Engineer @ ScoopScoop Technologies, IncSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full-Stack DeveloperRadix HealthAtlanta, GA, United StatesApr 27
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Test Engineer @ Way2B1Way2B1San Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 27
Latest from the webjobs by
Lighting Sales Specialist- LIGHTING SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIREDSTARLITE LEDFremont, CA7 Apr
Laser OperatorDowding Industries, Inc.Eaton Rapids, MI 4882726 Apr
Director of Software EngineeringRed VenturesCharlotte, NC27 Apr
Digital Media Sales ExecutiveVIVE Lifestyle Network LimitedDallas-Fort Worth, TX12 Jan
R&D Project ManagerHarris CorporationHerndon, VA1 Mar
Full Stack DeveloperCooper VisionFolsom, CA, United StatesApr 21
Manager- Network Operations Services DepartmentCon EdisonNew York, NY, United StatesApr 17
DevOps EngineerMoatNew YorkApr 18
SysAdmin DevOpsPeakswareBoulder, CO, United StatesApr 05
Senior DevOps Manager (Remote) @ PlexPlexSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 03