Senior Software Developer
The American Physical Society, a leading publisher of scientific journals, based in Suffolk County, LI, seeks a senior software developer. If you have strong experience building applications for the web and have a passion for sharing new and better ways to build software, we'd like to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small team using the latest technologies to build applications used by authors, reviewers, and staff to support editorial and peer review processes. The developer is expected to have a strong web development background, preferably with the ability to work full stack (backend, front-end, API and service layers).
We’re a group who happily share knowledge and value other ideas, while working in a bright, modern office with a friendly atmosphere and flat hierarchies.
We will challenge you with interesting work while providing you with a collaborative culture in a fast paced environment. Our staff is encouraged to attend industry conferences and we are constantly playing with new tools and use all the latest and greatest technologies, affording you the capability to impact all aspects of your projects.
You must have excellent English communication skills, be a problem solver and a team player, and be results oriented.
company events, commuter benefits, and 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Advanced/senior level programming experience building full stack web applications. We currently utilize Clojure, Rails/Ruby, Clojurescript/re-frame, React
- A passion for writing well designed, maintainable code using test/behavior driven development.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (We currently utilize PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, etc.).
- Strong unix skills (Linux and/or Mac OS X preferred)
- Experience with Git or a similar version control system
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service providers
- Knowledge/Experience/interest in building reactive applications over WebSockets/SSE
- Experience with JRuby and Java integration
- Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Dev-ops experience using provisioning/orchestration/deployments technologies like Docker, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with search engines (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience with distributed processes, event sourcing, CQRS, Kafka and/or similar
American Physical Society
1 Research Road
Ridge, NY 11961
Additional Application InstructionsIf possible, please also provide code samples and URL's of previous applications you've developed. Candidates who provide links to their GitHub profiles or personal websites with technical articles and/or code samples will receive priority.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Manager, Software EngineeringConsensus CorporationSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesJan 19
Global Supply Manager @ Brava HomeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Engineering Program Manager @ Brava HomeBrava HomeSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Front-end Software EngineerSignal OceanAthens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, GreeceJan 18
Software Developer must have an Active Top Secret/SCI Security ClearanceTad PGS AKA Adecco GovernmentSpringfield, VA, United StatesJan 17
Latest from the webjobs by
Lead Software EngineerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
TechCrunch Battlefield ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
Software Developer for Humanitarian Health TechnologyVecna Cares Charitable TrustBoston, MA, United StatesJan 05
Senior Developer (Full stack, Node.js, Angular)Ampersand & AmpersandLondon, United KingdomJan 16
Software Engineer IILSIJacksonville, FL, United StatesDec 22