Software Developer for Humanitarian Health Technology
About the Global Health Corps Fellowship:
Global Health Corps (GHC) is a leadership development organization focused on building the next generation of diverse, disruptive global health leaders. Founded in 2009, we competitively recruit talented professionals (ages 21-30) from a range of sectors and backgrounds and place them in high-impact roles within partner organizations working on the front lines of health equity in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia.
GHC is seeking fellows from a wide range of backgrounds, geographies, and expertise. Through a one-year paid fellowship program, fellows provide the expertise and leadership potential needed to fill capacity gaps in global health.
About the Fellowship Placement Organization:
Vecna Cares Charitable Trust provides technology and training to support and strengthen health systems in low-resource areas for better health outcomes. We build systems that close the information gaps between patients, care givers, and decision makers. The mission of Vecna Cares is to improve the state of healthcare delivery—one community, one clinic, and one hospital at a time. Vecna Cares is currently deploying healthcare information technology in refugee camps, hospitals, and health facilities in multiple countries worldwide.
Vecna Care's CliniPAK, the Clinical Patient Administration Kit, plays a key role in forwarding our global health and primary care initiatives. These units include rugged touchscreen tablets, cell phones, solar panels, and biometric devices to capture patient data for better reporting and better care.
Vecna Cares is currently piloting our CliniPAK product in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and Boston and working with teams in all locations to identify necessary improvements and create models that can then scale-up effectively.
Through developing and installing technology solutions, supporting local capacity building, improving efficiencies, and promoting public health initiatives, our contributions help to improve quality and reduce the cost of delivering care in health systems.
Fellowship Position Overview:
Vecna Cares seeks an enthusiastic software developer who is passionate about making a positive real-world impact in underserved settings throughout the world. The software developer will work at the Vecna Cares headquarters in Boston.
The Software Developer will work primarily on the development and support of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) software that is currently being used for patient tracking and healthcare provision tracking. The developer has the opportunity to work on a number of different projects for multiple clients, all within the global health space.
- Design a flexible and scalable Electronic Health Record (EHR) system for diverse, underserved health systems
- Develop features that span the technology stack for rapid deployment and evaluation in the field
- Collaborate with top UI/UX designers, project managers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance test engineers to deliver robust health system platforms
- Shape and align product roadmap with client needs and market opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience:Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any engineering discipline*
- Preferred: Master’s degree in above or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint*
- Interest in technology for problem solving*
- Highly motivated and self-driven, self-managing and accountable personality*
- International development or travel experience
- Health care delivery exposure or experience
- Previously illustrated creativity using technology for problem solving
Fellows Receive the Following Benefits:
- A pre-tax living stipend of $1100/month
- Housing and utilities
- Health insurance
- A professional development grant of $600
- An award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year
- Travel costs covered to and from placement site, training and retreats
Living and Working in the US: Fellows are provided with basic housing and a utilities stipend during the fellowship year. GHC coordinates housing for fellows placed in the United States in shared apartments or houses that meet GHC's safety standards. Housing arrangements are assigned prior to departure from Training Institute. Fellows at Vecna Cares will be housed in Boston, an urban city in the northeastern United States.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Manager, Software EngineeringConsensus CorporationSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesJan 19
Global Supply Manager @ Brava HomeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Engineering Program Manager @ Brava HomeBrava HomeSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Front-end Software EngineerSignal OceanAthens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, GreeceJan 18
Software Developer must have an Active Top Secret/SCI Security ClearanceTad PGS AKA Adecco GovernmentSpringfield, VA, United StatesJan 17
Latest from the webjobs by
Senior Software DeveloperAmerican Physical SocietyRidge, NY, United StatesJan 04
Lead Software EngineerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
TechCrunch Battlefield ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
Digital Growth ManagerWealthsimpleNew York, NY, United StatesJan 10
Software Engineer IILSIJacksonville, FL, United StatesDec 22