Lead Software Engineer
Do you have what it takes to lead a team of developers building innovative new products for massive audiences? The team at TechCrunch is looking for a strong engineer to help us build the next version of techcrunch.com, as well as tools and experiences that elevate our storytelling capabilities, plus collaborate with our mobile developers on exciting new mobile products. This means solving complex, unique and large-scale problems, and working with a passionate team to help TechCrunch grow and create new, exciting experiences.
- You have a proven track record of shipping products with solid, maintainable code.
- You have previously built products that have been used by large audiences and take quality seriously.
- You enjoy problem solving and have strong debugging skills.
- You write and design software with the end user in mind, and appreciate how getting the details right leads to a great user experience.
- You have experience as a development team lead, and enjoy mentoring others to foster their professional growth.
- You are smart, and get things done.
- You have excellent work ethic and communication skills to match.
- Build compelling new experiences and tools for TechCrunch.com, and support the existing product as needed.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Work with product to determine the best technical approaches (on both a strategic and tactical level) to executing on the product roadmap, as well as on solutions for daily challenges. Provide time estimates for tasks and stories.
- Document product architecture and development team processes.
- Evangelize best practices around web development to the development team and to stakeholders.
- Participate in mentoring other developers on the team.
- Stay up to date on the latest web technologies and, where appropriate, implement them in production.
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science or similar, and 5+ years of web development experience.
- Expert level fluency in PHP and MySQL, with prior experience with the Wordpress CMS.
- Understanding of both server and client development. Expertise in best practices for web applications, architecture, and deployment practices.
- Strong backend skills with an understanding of techniques and challenges for scaling and securing modern web applications, including experience creating a performant REST API architecture.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- If you have a Github account that shows off your work that is a plus.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Manager, Software EngineeringConsensus CorporationSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesJan 19
Global Supply Manager @ Brava HomeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Engineering Program Manager @ Brava HomeBrava HomeSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Front-end Software EngineerSignal OceanAthens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, GreeceJan 18
Software Developer must have an Active Top Secret/SCI Security ClearanceTad PGS AKA Adecco GovernmentSpringfield, VA, United StatesJan 17
Latest from the webjobs by
Senior Software DeveloperAmerican Physical SocietyRidge, NY, United StatesJan 04
Lead Software Engineer, PlatformWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesDec 09
Lead Software EngineerWAZERWestchester, NY, United StatesDec 29
Software Engineer IILSIJacksonville, FL, United StatesDec 22
Software Engineer, DevOpsGenePeeks, Inc.Cambridge, MA, United StatesJan 11