Director, Research & Insights
The Director, Research & Insights leads the agency’s R&I vision and practice. This group digs deep, using primary and secondary research to arrive at new, compelling, and inspirational insights that we use to drive the solutions we recommend. This team is up to speed on all the trends, conducting competitive research and validating the market for the products we are creating. And this role leads the team, establishes best R&I practices, sets the standard in R&I deliverables, and partners with UX, Creatives, and Strategists to challenge us (and our clients) to think deeply about the customer experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Define and evolve the strategy and vision for the R&I practice.
- Articulate and evangelize what this practice can and should deliver to RED and our clients.
- Outline, solidify, and evolve our research and testing capabilities, activities and outputs.
- Focus on both qualitative and quantitative, and primary and secondary research: including ethnography, analyzing performance, conducting focus groups, surveys and other research methods.
- Optimize and discover new audiences, areas of engagement, and better understand the ecosystems of our clients.
- Craft strong POVs around data and primary research.
- Collaborate with Strategy, Creative and UX to create deliverables, including: actionable insights, audience analysis, customer profiles, measurement plans, customer experience briefs, experience pillars, etc.
- Mentor, grow, and lead the R&I team.
- Review work output and help solve challenges; help drive excellence within the team.
- Whitepapers and agency POV’s on customer experience and related subjects.
- Establish best practices and processes.
- Embrace a scrappy, creative approach to identifying the right methods and questions, and have a real passion for uncovering unique, surprising and relevant insights.
- 7+ years experience as a strategist or insights professional.
- Proven experience leading a strategic insights practice at an agency, media company, consultancy or related field.
- Client-facing experience.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, with a passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results and critical outcomes.
- Strong ability to translate, communicate and distil statistics and metrics into a digestible, actionable framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a comprehensive manner.
Additional Application InstructionsTo learn if your background aligns with our needs, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. RED is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Manager, Software EngineeringConsensus CorporationSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesJan 19
Global Supply Manager @ Brava HomeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Engineering Program Manager @ Brava HomeBrava HomeSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Front-end Software EngineerSignal OceanAthens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, GreeceJan 18
Software Developer must have an Active Top Secret/SCI Security ClearanceTad PGS AKA Adecco GovernmentSpringfield, VA, United StatesJan 17
Latest from the webjobs by
Senior Software DeveloperAmerican Physical SocietyRidge, NY, United StatesJan 04
Lead Software EngineerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
TechCrunch Battlefield ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
Digital Growth ManagerWealthsimpleNew York, NY, United StatesJan 10
Sales DirectorShopkickNew York, NY, United StatesJan 12