Software Engineer, DevOps
GenePeeks is a data-driven genetics start-up pushing the boundaries of reproductive health care and computational genetics. As a result, we are looking for an engineer who is passionate in helping us shape how we, as humans, consume and interpret genetic information. The right candidate has proven experience designing and growing cloud-based architectures and infrastructures. You should never have to manually perform a task more than once, since you have a passion for automation and wrote a deploy script to do it for you on day one. You will have built solutions that scaled rapidly to meet global needs, and have the battle scars to prove that not everything goes according to plan, but you’ve learned and are better for it. Lastly, you pride yourself on elegant solutions which are built for the future and your fellow engineers, all while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience, someone who has ‘been there’ and ‘done that’.
- Familiarity with most of the heavy hitters in our stack which are AWS, NGINX, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience with industry staples in automation like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible. Also uses CI services like CircleCI, TravisCI, or Jenkins.
- Experience developing with containers/virtualized applications in the cloud i.e. Docker with EC2.
- Experience utilizing and contributing to open-source tools and code.
- Utilize data-driven development in monitoring and logging with analytics being second-nature
- B.S. or equivalent in computer science or related field.
- Scripting/programming experience using Bash or Python.
- Experience working with SQL(PostgreSQL), NoSQL(MongoDB), Key-value store(Redis) in a production environment i.e. vertical scaling, replica sets, and sharding.
- Experience with load balancing and stress testing deployment configurations.
- A strong grasp of data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.
- You wear every 9 of uptime as a badge of honor.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits.
- Apple equipment
- Your coworkers are as passionate about applied genetics as they are about climbing, sailing, biking, and Game of Thrones! (and Harry Potter)
- Our office space is on the Red Line, has tons of natural light, and plenty of brick-and-beam Cambridge character.
This position will be located in the Boston or New York area.*GenePeeks will not offer visa sponsorship for this position
Sign up for Job Alerts
Manager, Software EngineeringConsensus CorporationSalt Lake City, UT, United StatesJan 19
Global Supply Manager @ Brava HomeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Engineering Program Manager @ Brava HomeBrava HomeSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 19
Front-end Software EngineerSignal OceanAthens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, GreeceJan 18
Software Developer must have an Active Top Secret/SCI Security ClearanceTad PGS AKA Adecco GovernmentSpringfield, VA, United StatesJan 17
Latest from the webjobs by
Lead Software EngineerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 09
Senior Software DeveloperAmerican Physical SocietyRidge, NY, United StatesJan 04
DevOps Engineer @ QadiumThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 13
Software Engineer IILSIJacksonville, FL, United StatesDec 22
Lead Software Engineer, PlatformWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesDec 09