Mobile User Experience Designer (UX) - TrainingPeaks
Join the team that is transforming the way coaches and athletes interact.
If you are passionate about playing a role in designing and implementing innovative mobile solutions for coaches and athletes then you have come to the right place. At TrainingPeaks we share an enthusiasm for creating industry leading endurance training software and are looking for a full-time in-house UX Designer to join our team to help create engaging user experiences for our mobile app. Our designers are integral parts of cross-functional teams that produce work they can be proud of with close collaboration of ideas, prototyping and quick iterations.
What will you do in this role?
As a UX Designer you will provide intuitive, meaningful and elegant solutions for new and existing mobile features and products. Your solutions will be backed with research/data and your visual designs intuitive and compelling.
You will sit directly with the TrainingPeaks Mobile Product Development Team and report to the Chief Creative Officer.
- Create sophisticated, elegant design solutions for mobile initiatives
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to product, engineering, and subject matter experts
- Explore several diverse solutions and validate the right solution with prototypes, usability testing and quantitative/qualitative customer research
- Develop low fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity design compositions that communicate interaction concepts and help define development requirements
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Strong passion for design and a thirst to blend intuitive UI with progressive technology
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile applications
- Fluency in user experience fundamentals such as architecture flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, usability testing and other UX deliverables
- Knowledge of best practices and platform specific design/UI patterns for both iOS and Android platforms
- A Solid understanding of usability and heuristics
- Ability to prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve mobile UX design challenges
- Training in visual design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition)
- Proficiency in leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite for mapping, wireframing and design mocks
- Minimum of 5 years experience solving interactive problems
- Experience working in an agile development process
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires...increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Company paid cell phone and plan (data, text and minutes)
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
We have a very flexible work schedule among a group of high-performance, highly driven professionals. Most of the employees at TrainingPeaks are fitness/outdoor enthusiasts or competitive endurance athletes, and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
UX/UI DeveloperCastleBranchWilmington, NC, United StatesMar 11