Design Lead At Athos
Athos was developed to give athletes and coaches unprecedented insight into what happens at the muscular level, to better understand the physical output of their training and competitive performance. We are committed to helping athletes of all levels perform at their highest potential, in and out of competition. Our mission : build better athletes.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly-motivated and driven employees who help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation.
As the Lead of our autonomous design team, you will lead a small team of designers in creating and implementing key product design work across various Athos products, included digital, apparel and HW/SW interaction systems. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product and interaction design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Athos product. The ideal candidate is an expert in interaction design, is a driven team lead/mentor, and is passionate about bringing next-generation technologies to life.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, visual designer, or similar role
- At least 10 years of industry related experience
- Some experience leading, providing mentorship or managing a team.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating beautiful, user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
- Experience productizing a web/mobile experience
- Product design experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Great eye for visual design and layout
- A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
Bonus points for:
- Initiative to drive ideas and take ownership
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes, wireframes, PSDs, etc.
- Experience presenting analytics, specifically having worked with data visualization
- Experience with flow and usability testing
- Some packaging/branding design experience
What you’ll own:
- Lead the creation of user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Rapidly implement software updates to align with hardware
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products and services in a team environment
- Envisioning new products, systems, and designs that don’t currently exist
- Creating the athlete/coach experience, focusing on Player Load/Availability
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications, online portal, apparel and experiences
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
What we offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Medical insurance through Cigna
- Dental & vision insurance through Guardian
- Life insurance
- Catered lunches and exceptional snack game
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Flexible PTO
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Startup Community and Exhibition ManagerTechCrunchSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 21
Customer Support ManagerRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Customer Support RepresentativeRise VisionAnywhereMar 21
Full Stack Software EngineerShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
UX & Content StrategistShineBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 20
Latest from the webjobs by
Associate Director, Operations JobMerckElkton, VA16 Mar
Associate Producer, Gimlet CreativeGimlet MediaBrooklyn, NY15 Mar
Waterjet/CNC Laser OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 4530616 Dec
Press Brake OperatorBrown IndustrialBotkins, OH 453069 Feb
SPO Technician - Trainee - 3rd Shift JobMerckWest Point, PA8 Mar
Director, Voice of the CustomerTASER InternationalAnywhereMar 01
Senior Software Developer C# / .NET CoreFielmann VenturesHamburg, GermanyMar 01
Senior Full-Stack EngineerValiMailSan Francisco, CA, United StatesMar 01
Director of Community & Business Development (YC-backed)Paragon OneNew York, NY, United StatesMar 05
Firmware Engineer @ AthosAthosSan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 15